Thursday, September 3, 2009

1 toddler, 2 bullies, and 3 puppies





I am again remiss in updating. Still battling Mack's incision from emergency obstruction surgery. This is week #3 of the cone of shame if you are keeping tabs. We are all ready to ditch it, but probably most of all Becks. Poor kid keeps getting rammed and knocked over now that our bull in the china shop's head circumference is three times it's normal size.

Becks and I had the pleasure of driving a car full 2 weeks ago. Oh my. This one was a tad bit stressful. In hindsight, we now know that both Pudge and Chico had been recently neutered... but Pudge was really in pain from his. Any signs of exuberance on lovey dovey Chico's part were met by a growl and snap from Pudge. Not good when you have a toddler in the back and you are doing 80 down the highway. I stopped at least three times trying various configurations before Chico was tethered just right to keep from pestering Pudge. Problem was, he was so close to Becks that he wanted to melt into Becks. Becks wasn't too thrilled with it, but they all eventually settled down and we made it to our hand off spot before driver #3 arrived.

The darling little puppies were actually used as bait and left to die on the side of a highway. To complicate matters, one of the puppies broke with Parvo immediately following the transport. Tiny Tim is holding his own and we pray no one else catches this insidious virus. Parvo is not curable, only manageable. It will be up to Tiny Tim's body to win this war with supportive care. It is also highly contagious and takes me out of the running for transporting puppies for about a year. I am working on cleaning my SUV as best as I can with anti-virals but it's still a risk I don't want to take. I have also had to bleach the grassy area driver #1 met me at while giving them all a potty break. Luckily I did not let them touch the ground at my hand off, so my usual meeting spot should be Parvo free. What I have learned however is that I am adding a spray bottle of anti viral to my arsenal so I can spray areas used for bathroom breaks on transports just in case.

Please send some love Tiny Tim's way, he needs all he can get. I will keep you posted on his fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment